Penicillium is often found growing on materials that have been damaged by water, including carpeting, wallpaper, insulation, and furnishings like mattresses. It’s one of the mold types that spread quickly and easily from one part of the home to another. Exposure to penicillium can cause allergic reactions, chronic sinus infections, and inflammation of the lungs. Usually appears as a blue mold and/or a green mold.
Alternaria is often found outdoors, but it also grows in damp places indoors, like in showers or under sinks with leaky pipes. It can also be found in buildings that have been flooded or suffered other water damage. It spreads easily from one area of the home to another. Exposure to alternaria can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
Aspergillus is a type of mold frequently found indoors. It can causes allergic reactions, respiratory infections, and a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis, which causes inflammation of the lungs.Aspergillus mold is a very common type of fungus found virtually all over the world. Allergic aspergillosis is a condition that occurs when people inhale the microscopic spores of aspergillus, causing an immune response in the body that can include a high fever, asthma attacks, and coughing up blood and mucus.
Cladosporium is a type of mold often found growing inside homes. While most types of mold prefer warm climates, cladosporium can grow in cool areas, too. It often grows on fabrics, like carpets, and on wood surfaces, like cabinets and floorboards. It can cause a variety of respiratory problems.
Aureobasidium is a mold often found outdoors, but it can also be found in homes growing on wooden surfaces, wallpaper, and painted surfaces. It’s also often found on damp window frames and caulking. It is pink and black in color. Many people are allergic to aureobasidium. Follow the link for more information on pink mold in the bathroom.
The greatest dangers of exposure to mold are the serious adverse effects it can have on your health and on the health of your family members. Mold-related health problems range from a runny nose or cough to life-threatening pneumonia or bleeding in the lungs. Potential health problems caused by mold include: Runny nose Cough Sneezing Allergic reactions Hives Rash Trouble breathing Sinus infection Asthma attacks Bronchitis Pneumonia Bleeding in the lungs Headaches Sore throat Fatigue Depression Joint pain
Effects of Mold on Pets
Mold is a very common type of fungus found virtually all over the world. Allergic aspergillosis is a condition that occurs when people inhale the microscopic. Many pet owners aren't aware of this, but pets are not immune to the dangers of mold in the home. Thay can get sick from mold, too. Small pets are especially susceptible, just like babies and small children are, but pets of any size can be affected.
Some signs that your pets are being negatively affected by mold in the home include:
- Excessive scratching (in the absence of fleas) Licking or chewing on his paws or feet
- Skin rash
- Runny eyes
- Wheezing when he breathes
- Frequent sneezing
- Itchy ears (scratching them a lot)
- Ear infections (his ears may have a yeasty smell if you sniff them closely)
Mold is a very common type of fungus found virtually all over the world. Allergic aspergillosis is a condition that occurs when people inhale the microscopic spores of aspergillus, causing an immune response in the body that can include a high fever, asthma attacks, and coughing up blood and mucus.